Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Decorating With Rocks

MY FIRST APPOINTMENT WITH RADIO VICTORIA CAVERO JE. anecdotes!


My debut at the microphone
With my 19 years, parts of a farewell unexpectedly in the Central Arsenal Aeronautics where irresponsible strike occurred to me to "slow", (I will tell the story) I decided to find another job. Servan Angel, my brother, tied to the radio with Oscar Artacho, I got a first chance, and I was a few months integrating the cast radioteatral Elijah Rock in the famous "Radio El Sol."


always, thanks to my brother, I heard a call for speakers appeared in "El Comercio", in January 1954. Requirements were to be of age, culture general notions of foreign languages. Still did not have voter registration; my height of 1.74, I was "big", my deep voice as much and my desire to be great professional speaker, complemented these my aspirations. The event, in the basement of the cabin of the Paseo de la República.

We present 60 candidates. I remember as Manrique Sanchez Pauli, which is then devoted to soap operas. We were in the very "Radio Victoria", the major programs and international stars. Charge of the call, the actor and broadcaster Juan Felipe Montoya. Paraded one by one until only six. The acid test, live in the cabin speech to read out various promotional and commercial ads. I won and I was summoned to the General Manager.

Joseph E. Andrade Cavero
Very timely, wearing the suit from my brother, I should wait for Montoya almost "a century." For the speakers you could hear the music in vogue. A sign saying "SILENCE." My impatience, nerves, and my vocation as a musician were infected with the "Begin the Beguine" by Porter Col. I began to whistle. A man in white overalls, bombastic voice, I did notice the poster. Using my "powerful voice" and believed to be the winner, I argued that not bother you. He retired and continued waiting for Montoya.

I needed the bathroom and goalkeeper Lucio, who later became my friend, I said site. I went there and far away, another tune invited me to whistle. I was so absorbed that which violates your privacy intruder appeared the "white man in overalls." He threatened to evict the studies and the "left" to serve, the winner of the competition, ignored him and continued as if nothing happened. Outraged, I went the auditorium, I sat in one of their seats and went about my waiting to Montoya. No whistle.

was looking words to greet the manager. I wish I accept and like me. My mother told me to smile and not show nervousness. How about waiting!. Until Montoya arrived. Apuradito, led me to Management. Opened the door, greeted Mr. Cave, owner of "Radio Victoria" and invited me. But my God ... Was against the "white man's overalls" that, seeing me, exclaimed: Damn it. The Whistler!. Friends, I leave to your imagination what happened then, but it was the cradle of my life radio unforgettable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment